.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Monday, May 05, 2008

 

Wake-up call

Funny thing happened to me today. Was surfing Togoparts (bored, as usual) when i saw this post by someone asking what i meant when, after my first-ever triathlon (OSIM 2004), it was "all downhill from there... jialat!" Asked things like whether i blew my budget or whether the sport was not for me. Forced me to go revisit basic questions about triathlon like "Is this what i want?", "Am I spending wisely or not?" and "Why do i keep doing this to myself?!"... hehehehe!

Hi (name with-held)!

Triathlon is a good way to keep fit for adventure racing. Shhh, don't need to tell anyone else on the forums (my head is already quite big, i'm trying to reduce its size), but i found i could adapt to the sport of triathlon... and was adaptable enough that i got a slot for this year's Ironman World Championship in Hawaii and now i have to train for that.

So is triathlon for me? I still don't know how to answer that question properly, IMO.

Take care, friend. I hope you find the sport to your liking! Given the current boom of triathlon in Singapore, too many Singaporeans blow their hard-earned money on the sport by spending haphazardly or prematurely on equipment. Avoid regrets and maximize your enjoyment by taking things at an easy pace and applying common sense/logic.

All the best,

Wilson Low

P.S: The frame on my TT bike is on loan to me... i have to borrow stuff like race wheels and a bike box closer to the race... and i don't own a heart rate monitor... that's the state of my budget.


Like i said, it's like a revision of 'what i've learnt so far', the whole truth, as best as i can figure it out. There's the big-headedness coming into the picture for sure, but I don't know all the answers - just that i do my best to make the most of what i've been blessed with.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?