.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Thursday, May 17, 2007

 

Sponsorship schponsorship...!

Another free-writing session is upon me. Now, i have to think about how to best approach the story of the Raid the North Extreme effort our team is making.

I wish i could contribute more to the sport back home in Singapore. It seems so useless to be stationed out here in Melbourne and be unable to work the media and publicity angles back home for the team. At the same time, i have to keep the following mantra in my head at all times:

"I will not think about my own glory... i will not think about my own glory... i will not think about my own glory...."

As an 'exile', one does not enjoy the glamour and publicity that the main brood receives back home. To revisit the age-old adage, one is truly 'bi guan xiu lian' in this most condusive of training environments. The 'represent Singapore' stuff, i am getting quite jaded about.

I'm doing it for myself now, really... no hard feelings about that towards anyone, but you got to understand, passion runs deeper and stronger than patriotism or the allure of glory.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?