.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Wednesday, May 09, 2007

 

Shit... back again

I'm sitting here, suffering from writers' block again (as far as my assignment goes) and so have commenced on bashing out another blog entry to get my rear in gear again.

Let's freewrite...!

Hmm, i just covered the Puffing Billy Great Train Race over the weekend. Damn fun, especially since i wasn't running at all... hahaha! Took some pictures, got some video footage, and inhaled some good ol' steam engine exhaust (along with heaps of fresh Dandenong Ranges air).

Also received a surprise in the mail box: a little keychain with the title Victorian Aquathlon Championship: 3rd Male (20-24) 2007... imagine that?! Stuff happens when you decide to do a little race on a whim and a fancy, i guess.

Bloody left hip/thigh is giving me the shits now. It is tighter than my right side. Am having Liam massage it down for me over the next couple of weeks. Somehow it was non-existant during Sabah, caused little distress during the rogaine, but now it just seems like this big storm-cloud hanging over my head. Rather distressing, yes, especially when i am supposed to be clocking up my mileage and strength endurance work in preparation for RTNX.

And to top it all off, my perspective on the training/racing lifestyle here in Melbourne has shifted ever-so-slightly. Do i want to remain incognito here? Who wants to be high-profile and (God forbid) represent the country once again in another publicity-grabbing bid? I want to manage myself well for the next two months of F***ing hectic schedules and programs! Once again, i find myself accompanied, yet alone; supported, yet exiled.

Purity of purpose, purity of goal. Do i have a life outside of what i currently have? Who knows? My personality and my choices have given rise to a set of circumstances that have put me on 'a certain pathway of progression'. Beauty!

This is the time... seize the day!

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?