.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Thursday, March 15, 2007

 

SS is good, and stuff!

I've just assembled my new bike, a singlespeed! Now i too can experience the enlightenment that is singlespeeding. It remains in its commuter form (44T chainring, slick tires) until such time my 34T chainring arrives, and i can find some cheap as knobbies to slap on. This will be my training/commuting/thrashing bike for the foreseeable future.

Did key modifications/components on the finished form:
1. Shortened the brake cable housings
2. Chucked on a sweet-as fixed sprocket
3. My old Time pedals on the cranks, with the old Time cleats on my old Sidis
4. My old XT cranks, flat bars and Oury lock-on grips (good stuff)
5. My old ti seatpost and SLR saddle (even better stuff)
6. A White Industries ENO Eccentric Hub (DA STUFF!)

Oh, it's rigid too. Right now it has (training) brakes on, especially when running as a fixed gear. My long term goal is to be able to do 3-point turns and reverse ride on off-road trails.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?