.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Thursday, February 22, 2007

 

The higher the peaks, the deeper the troughs

I'm in the off-season now, of course. Just that i have been itching to get out and DO STUFF. It's nice to have unstructured activity after 10 months. Physically i feel fine, but there are long-term benefits to be had by laying off for at least 3 weeks more. And of course, mentaly, i am looking for some new stimulus, but i must be careful that that does not cause me too much anxiety. Time to languish in the trough of slacker-dom and nuah-ness. I'm trying, i really am, but it is not easy.

Of course, not all that easy to do. Last weekend, did an 8-hour MTB relay race... this weekend, a MTB navigation training trip is on the cards. And i'm still find myself on the internet researching races to do, rigging my bike for Sabah (it is frigging 1.5 months away!), typing gear lists, compiling articles, and all that miscellaneous crap that keeps reminding me how much AR has become part of my nature. I'd really love to share my experiences, but i also need my time out here.

The business about SART becoming registered, the fracas about AR certification, forming lesson plans for AR training, and the general worrying about the state of conditioning of my team mates back home... just add to the mental and emotional load i am trying to get off my shoulder, post-season.

Guess i am the eternal visionary, but also the eternal worrier.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?