.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Saturday, August 19, 2006

 
But... you can't spend your whole post-race mulling over what might have been. That is do-nothing defeatism. Time to get up and do the things you really enjoy.

As Arthur Lydiard once said, you got to understand why you do the things you do in training. I resolve, as of tomorrow, to conduct my training as how i see it fit in preparation for the next race, the next event.... Not just "oh, i'll just do this race this weekend and see how i pull up". That's just dicing with luck, that's just fooling around with no clear goal, that's setting yourself up for a fall if you push that bit too hard, which you inevitably do. That is asking for trouble, as i've so painfully found out for myself. I reckon i had a better race at the OSIM than i had with this past half-IM... but that's dwelling on the past, and i'd promise that i'd stop that.

Well, we'll see how waking up tomorrow morning goes. Might be a light run on mixed terrain just to get the feel of the float back in my feet again. Oh yes, and the mountain bike... THE good ol' mountain bike!!!

"Rising up, back on the street, took my time took my chances... with the distance now i'm back on my feet, just a man and his will to survive".

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?