.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Tuesday, April 12, 2005

 

For fun...

In a poignant reminder of the original intent of the pioneers of adventure racing, I stand humbled by the purity of purpose that one team and its de facto leader possesses.
Zachary Tan of City Spanners 2 acknowledges the fact that his team is going all out to have a memorable experience on this year’s SAC. He shows us what he has stored in a Ziploc bag in his race pack. “I brought my video-cam’ with me. What I do is pull ahead of my team, and stop to film them approaching the CP or going downhill.” Said in the true spirit of adventure, exploration, and having an enjoyable time on the race course, no matter what.
'De facto'... because in real life, it is not Zachary who leads his team mates, as he valiantly does in the world of outdoor adventure sports... it is his team mates who are his superiors in the world of the bank offices, boardroom meetings, conference calls and work schedules.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?